There is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” rate when it comes to translation or content creation. Every project differs in its scope and purpose, so my services and rates will be tailored to meet the specific needs of each client.
My translation rates will take into account the source language, length, complexity, and subject matter of the document to be translated.
There may be surcharges for:
- Rush services (i.e. translations that need to be completed within 48 hours);
- Projects that require extensive work over the weekend or on public holidays; and
- Hand-written documents or other non-standard file formats that need to be converted into editable documents before translation can begin.
Similar conditions apply to my blogging, content creation, editing, and social media services. These services will normally be charged by the hour, but no two projects are alike and my fees will reflect this.
There may be additional charges for SEO keyword research, meetings, image sourcing, market research, and other activities essential to the successful completion of the project.
Please note that this is not a complete list of the services I provide (see here for further details) and that the rates shown below are for guidance purposes only.
All rates are exclusive of VAT (21%).
- Chinese (Simplified) to English translation – From €0.07 per source character.
- Chinese (Traditional) to English translation – From €0.10 per source character.
- Dutch to English translation – From €0.06 per source word.
- Proofreading and editing – From €30 per hour.
- Blog articles (English only) – From €30 per hour.
- Website copy (English only) – From €40 per hour + additional fees for SEO keyword research and/or image sourcing (if required).
Rates may be negotiated, depending on the nature and duration of the project. If you would like a customised, no-obligation quote for your project, please fill out the quote request form.
Minimum charges may be applied to the following:
- Translations of documents with fewer than 250 source characters (Chinese) or fewer than 200 source words (Dutch).
- Blogging and copywriting (minimum charge = one hour).
- SEO keyword research (minimum charge = one hour).
- Proofreading/editing (minimum charge = one hour).
Deposits will be required for large-scale and/or long-term projects.
Discounts may be offered to students, to those representing non-government or non-profit organisations, and to those placing large-scale or repeat orders.
Please contact me for further information about these special rates.