There is no such thing as a “one-size-fits-all” rate when it comes to translation or content creation. Every project differs in its scope and purpose, so my services (and rates) will be tailored to meet the specific needs of each client.
My translation rates depend largely on the source language, length, complexity, and subject matter of the document to be translated.
There may also be surcharges for:
- Rush services (i.e. those that need to be completed within 48 hours),
- Projects that require extensive work over the weekend or on public holidays, and
- Hand-written or other non-standard file formats (i.e. source texts that need to be converted into editable documents before translation can begin).
Similar conditions apply to my blogging, content creation, editing, and social media services. These services will normally be charged by the hour (or by the page), but no two projects are alike and my fees will reflect this.
There may be additional charges for SEO keyword research, meetings, sourcing images, market research, and any other activities essential to the successful completion of the project.
Please note that this is not a complete list of the services I provide (see here for further details) and that the rates shown below are for guidance purposes only. All rates are exclusive of VAT (21%).
- Chinese to English translation – From €0.08 per source character for Simplified Chinese, from €0.10 per source character for Traditional Chinese.
- Dutch to English translation – From €0.05 per source word.
- Blog articles (English only) – From €30 per hour.
- Website copy (English only) – From €40 per hour + additional fees for SEO keyword research (if required).
Rates may be negotiated, depending on the nature and duration of the project. If you would like a customised, no-obligation quote for your project, please fill out the quote request form.
Minimum charges will be applied to the following:
- Translations of documents with fewer than 250 source characters (Chinese Simplified/Traditional) or fewer than 200 source words (Dutch).
- Copywriting (minimum charge = one hour).
- SEO keyword research (minimum charge = one hour).
- Proofreading/editing (minimum charge = one hour).
Deposits may be required for large-scale or long-term projects.
Discounts may be offered to students, to those representing non-government or non-profit organisations, and to those placing large-scale or repeat orders.
Please contact me for further information about these special rates.